Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Can anyone help me out here?


Photo credit: stock.xchng

Can anyone tell me what is so funny about a wife cutting off her husband’s penis?

I felt a shudder of distaste just typing those words. However, I must (but I will go no further; you will have to find out the rest of the story in the link) in order to make a point.

On the way home from Trader Joe’s last week, I was listening to the Bill Carroll show on KFI. Carroll is no progressive, but he is far less obnoxious than Rush Limbaugh or John and Ken. That afternoon, Carroll and a female co-talker (maybe it was the news reader – I do not remember) were talking about this story. Both agreed that men would cringe when they heard it – but women would laugh.

I wouldn’t laugh.

I wouldn’t laugh because cutting off other people’s body parts is just not funny. (Not even in a Weird Al parody.)

For those who would say, Lighten up, Meandering Mouse – what’s a little joke about “Bobbittizing”?, I have this answer:

Would it be funny if it was a story about a husband who cut off his wife’s breasts? Or clitoris?

Thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment