Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Words of wisdom from a refrigerator door


Years ago, I saw these words attached to the refrigerator of one of my mom's friends. I copied them down and have carried them with me ever since. If you recognize the author of these words, please let me know.

It is never my responsibility to…


Give what I don’t really want to give.

Sacrifice my integrity to anyone.

Do more than what I have time to do.

Drain my strength for others.

Listen to unwise counsel.

Retain an unfair relationship.

Be anyone but exactly who I am.

Be 100% perfect.

Follow the crowds.

Put up with unpleasant people.

Bear the burden of another’s misbehavior.

Do something I cannot really do.

Endure my own negative thoughts.

Feel guilty about my own inner desires.

Submit to overbearing conditions.

Meekly let life pass me by.

 
Anonymous


NaBloPoMo November 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment