I will not be among them, though.
I have made resolutions in the past, nearly all of them having to do with writing. Trouble was, I forgot them before January 31st came along. The tasks of daily living have a way of making you forget grand plans.
Today, I make resolutions for the day. On December 30th, my resolution was to write this post so it would be ready for you today. Making resolutions for the day is working for me – at least in this instance. Maybe it will work for you, too.
Here are six “ifs” (not resolutions) for 1-1-11:
1. If you don’t have a job, and want one…don’t call yourself “unemployed.” You’re actually “worksearching.”
2. If it’s sunny outside…go out and take a walk. Or, at the very least, look out the window. Sunshine in winter is a gift!
3. If you see a jerk on TV…change the channel. (Or turn it off.)
4. If big sweet navel oranges appear in your food store…buy them. (They are sunshine for your tastebuds!)
5. If you get a chance to taste anything flavored like egg nog…take it!
Egg nog cookies from Trader Joe's
6. If you see some good words in a book, in the newspaper, on a blog, or in your own head…share them with the world. Here’s mine:
Life is meant to be lived facing forward. – Jennie Brown Hakim
Happy New Year, everyone!