Friday, July 24, 2009

Sun Slug


A little explanation of why I haven't been blogging lately...

It's been hot where I live lately. Not Arizona or Nevada hot, but hot enough - upper 80s to 90s. The air conditioning control in our apartment is hard to reach, so Two Dogs and I have been feeling the heat more than we would otherwise.

Excess heat turns even meandering mice into sweaty, sleepy slugs. Instead of going out and about as usual, I hide inside the apartment during the day, drinking lots of water and Coke Zero and taking...afternoon naps (!!!)

I thought summer was my favorite season, but I haven't felt its true effects in a long time. Maybe it's growing older, maybe it's no longer spending most of the day in an air-conditioned office. But it's something I will need to tolerate (if not overcome) for now. That, and drink some more cold water. As in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment