Saturday, December 29, 2012

When the lights come down


Photo credit: Slideshow Bob (Flickr)

No one has asked me this question (so far), but if it were to happen, this is what I would say.

The question is:

“When should I take my Christmas decorations down?”

My answer is:

I would wait until after New Year’s Day, because it’s nice to have still it up in the week between Christmas and New Year’s. It keeps the cheer going!

Then, on the first weekday following New Year’s Day (January 1st), start taking the decorations down. If New Year’s Day falls on a Friday or Saturday, start taking stuff down the following Monday.


Photo credit: ReneS (Flickr)

Depending on the complexity of your decorations, it may take a few hours or a few days. It is best, however, to have it all put away no later than January 8th.

Otherwise, it just looks sad.

* * *

This is (most likely) my final post of 2012. Thank you for reading Meandering Mouse this year, and I will be back to tell the further story of my meanderings in 2013. Be safe and let’s all get back together in this space soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment