After that IMPORTANT prior post, here is a piece of cotton candy for you. Because this blog is like that.
1. Why send one nuclear family to colonize Alpha Centauri? Would it make more sense to send a group of fertile couples? Or at least more than one family? What were the Robinsons supposed to do once they got there?
2. Why put them in suspended animation if the trip is going to last only five and a half years?*
3. If this mission is supposed to solve the Earth’s dire population crisis – which affects every nation -- why sabotage it?
4. Why do Judy, Penny, and Will look nothing alike? (Even in the movie, they don't.)
5. Why do they run into so many unscientific characters – pirates, cowboys, princesses, circuses, etc, etc, ad nauseam?
6. Where did they get their seasonal changes of clothes? Why wear the same clothes every day? (Hey, it wasn't Star Trek, in which they wore uniforms.)
7. Smith is a doctor – why is he so fucking stupid when it comes to space?
8. Why didn’t the Robinsons push Smith out the airlock before the end of the first season? (Actually, that may be more pertinent than "Did they ever get to Alpha Centauri?" Not with that derpdoodle onboard.)
* This one has an answer. In the original unaired pilot, the trip was going to last 99 years, a time which warrants suspended animation. Irwin Allen, the show’s creator, was a